The scope of legal services for housing communities and cooperatives includes:
- drafting regulations, in particular concerning the management of housing resources, renovation fund, utility charges etc.;
- chairing general meetings as well as sessions of supervisory board or management board of housing cooperatives, including providing legal opinions on the resolutions;
- chairing sessions of the housing community, as well as attending the meetings of board of directors, including providing legal opinions on the resolutions;
- representing housing communities and cooperatives in proceedings before common courts, in particular concerning claims for finding resolutions invalid or non-existent (revocation of resolutions), as well as appointing a real estate manager, handling cases related to gaining access to documents, and conducting proceedings concerning land and mortgage register entries (read more) and registration proceedings;
- a comprehensive set of legal service regarding negotiations and disputes concerning claims against developers on defects in real estate under the warranty or liability for damages (drafting necessary resolutions, assignment of claims, etc.);
- representing housing communities and cooperatives in administrative proceedings before local government authorities, as well as architectural and construction administration and construction supervision authorities, including representation in proceedings before administrative courts (Provincial Administrative Court and Supreme Administrative Court);
- regulating the legal status of real estate by concluding perpetual usufruct and lease agreements;
- debt collection; holding talks with debtors; concluding out-of-court settlements; handling eviction cases;
- analyzing and providing opinions on letters and contracts concluded by the communities and housing cooperatives, in particular with construction contractors (construction and renovation companies, contracts for real estate management, accounting, etc.);
- legal services regarding ongoing operations of housing communities and cooperatives.
Our Law Firm’s experts have many years of experience in providing legal services to housing communities and cooperatives. Currently, the Law Firm cooperates with over a dozen housing communities and cooperatives as well as real estate managers.
We also provide legal services to Żoliborz Artystyczny, one of the largest housing communities in Warsaw. It is worth mentioning that we were involved in the largest dispute against a developer, which ended with a final and binding award to the housing community of over PLN 11 million with interest (100% of the claim was awarded).
The housing communities and cooperatives practice is managed by: